Longing fur winter...

Right now I am dreaming of cool, crisp winds, softly drifting snowflakes, warm woollen mittens and steaming hot chocolate. That's right - I am officially over summer (and it hasn't really even begun yet). Peeling sunburn, colonies of freckles, ridiculously warm breezes, sweating at just the thought of movement - it's all a bit too much for my delicate, highly heat-sensitive skin. On the bright side, I have just under one month to wait until I can once again embrace winter wonderland, reunite with my beloved winter wardrobe and snuggle up in front of a crackling fireplace somewhere in the northern hemisphere. I admit, my premature disdain for summer this year has quite possibly been induced by the myriad editorials recently prowling the magazine scene featuring one of winter's finest - fur.

Skye Stracke for Marie Claire Italy, photographed by Jock Sturges, styled by Monika Kropfitsch

tfs

Raquel Zimmermann for Vogue Paris, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, styled by Emmanuelle Alt

tfs

Constance Jablonski for Vogue Russia, photographed by KT Auleta, styled by Samuel Drira

tfs

Alla Kostromicheva for Numéro #108 photographed by Sebastian Kim

tfs

Alas, my obsession with the spring summer collections just passed has been short-lived. But rest assured upon my return I suspect I shall be hit with an overwhelming desire for iced peach teas and slouchy tees and ready for a drop of summer - flip flops and tans aside.